Skip to main content

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Rishabh Pandey



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.


I am a 'Bon Vivant Literature Geek'.


2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?

The is simply about the relationship between children and parents but it also holds the message of parent's bonds. The idea for the poem is obviously my parents. I wrote about what I really feel about them. Practically, it isn't possible to live without talking to my mom and dad. Sometimes I feel upsets about their rigid ethics but when I figure out things in mental peace I get to know they are right and always have been. No one in your life can be as altruism as your parents are.



3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents ? Share an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family .

I recall the memories of class 7th. My grandfather wanted me to study in an English medium ICSE pattern school but school fee and bus fee was a big problem for call lower middle-class family. My father used to get 3000₹ a month as a शिक्षामित्र. It is quite a job of the teacher. I don't know how he managed to pay my fee. Household expenditures were dealt by grandfather but then also, it was a big deal for my father. He never let me feel like I don't have such book or anything alike. He uses to talk to me now also. We both use to talk if the certain problem arises or if he wants me to know something. His teachings are different. A practical approach and I love him for that.Relation with my parents is of quite a friendly type. I use to sit in their bedroom when I get home. My father is a good voice artist. He makes me laugh whenever I am sad and it seems something is bothering me, he talks. He has always said the biggest problems of the universe get solved when they converse.


4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

I am a newbie in writing. I have mostly written poems but I would like to tell the quality is being nurtured since I was in class 6th(2006). I use to write in Hindi but slowly I stopped writing. You may be surprised to know that once after returning from a relative's house in 2002(class 2), I held the memories of that visit and I wrote an interesting story about the same, some years later in 2006.

Nowadays, I use to write in English. Some of my poems have been selected for publishing. Red balloon and shades of life are some of them.


5- What do you do when you are not writing?

I mostly use to listen to music and sing when I am not writing. The same passion is for reading also. If I am not doing these two then you can find me in kitchen experimenting over some recipes of chicken.



6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?


My all time favourite is Charles Dickens and Alfred Lord Tennyson. But Dan Brown, Alexander Dumas, William Shakespeare are on my book shelf.

7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line ? What will you be working on next?

After pursuing my graduation from English Literature, I have a keen interest to become a professor. So that I can experiment more with more knowledge.



8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?


Sanmati publishers are prone towards making a thriving poet grow. I have had a very good experience.



9- What would be your message for our readers?

Actually, the world is composite of so many particles. Before getting to know those particles you must try to understand who made your being or of what particle you are composed. Then you will live a life with full compassion devotion and reflection of your parents. Love them. Because you are the product of their love.

10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2

Yeah sure,

She told me once that I am her prince,

I will be greater than many kings.

This is my favourite line from my poem Precious Solitaire:Parents.


Interviewed by Nikita Goel and Jasleen Kaur 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.