Skip to main content

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Dr.Preeti Chitkara



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

Ans. “I believe in my values and yet I’m modern” is the mantra of my life. My almighty has blessed me with a bunch of talents as I’m a professor, a poetess, an editor, a dancer, an actress, a trainer, a motivational speaker, an event coordinator and above all these, an ardent learner and a good human. I feel when God has gifted me with so many talents and blessings, I shouldn’t take them with me to my grave, in fact, I should revert them to him by doing something really worthwhile for this society. With the grace of God, the task has already begun. I have started organizing motivational talks and also my first anthology named ‘Blues under the Silver Hues’ is going to be a source of great inspiration for students, teachers as well as parents and bring smiles in their lives.

Three words for me are: Conscientious, Ambitious, and Sensitive/Emotional



2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?



 I have dedicated my poem to my darling daughter, ‘PRISHA’. The meaning of her name is God’s gift and so is the title of my poem - “Prisha-the God’s gift”. The moment I got to know that the theme of the anthology “Purple Hues 2” is ‘Relationship between parents and children’, the first thing that came to my mind was my relation with my mom-in-law and my own mom, my two sweet mothers but very soon the realization dawned upon me that my daughter too has recently given birth to both of us, me and my husband, as after long years of pining and wait we were blessed with a child, so, soon my heart went out to pen down my feelings for her.



3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents?

My parents, analogous to others, were quite loving and caring but when it came to values and ethics, they were a bit strict. We were three brothers and one sister and our parents took special care that we don’t get stubborn and loose our etiquettes at any cost. When we were kids, we didn’t like those strict rules but after growing up we realize the importance of those deals. So our relationship that was initially ordinary has become highly amiable with a strong bond.


4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

 Though it’s not very long that I have been writing in a formal manner, but I wrote my debut poetry when I was in class XII. With the passage of time, things indulged me into various aspects and I lost that zeal for writing. I regained it after coming in touch with ‘Aagman- the arrival’, the literary and cultural group that is working to strengthen the literary and cultural aspects of poets and writers. This group has given rebirth to a poet, writer, dancer and actress and brought the hidden talents of mine to the forefront. I’m really grateful for it.




5- What do you do when you are not writing?

I am Assistant Professor in number one engineering college of Uttar Pradesh, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, I am the editor of two magazines, “An endeavour to fly high” and “Palash”, I’m working on my anthology ‘Blues under the Silver Hues’, I’m blessed with numerous talents and a wonderful family. So when I’m not writing I’m busy in these equally significant and honorable tasks of my life.



6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?


 I love to read inspiring and constructive works that can stir optimism and motivation in our lives and help us in becoming a good human and a fabulous performer. Thus, I love to read Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Swami Vivekanand, Stephen R. Covey, Gopalaswamy Ramesh, and others.




7- How do you see yourself five years down the line? What will you be working on next?


 Five years, down the lane, will surely be highly promising for me, because of my dedicated and sincere efforts towards my targeted goals. I feel that my hard work and focused moves, for being an international motivational speaker along with gaining high proficiency in my professional as well as personal life, will productively satisfy me in near future.


8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?


Again it’s not been long that I am connected with Sanmati Publishers, still it’s been a marvelous experience. I have gone through various books under its publication and my observation has been that unlike any other publisher, Sanmati continuously endeavors to enhance its quality and excellence with every new publication. Even my next anthology, ‘Blues under the Silver Hues’ is under the publication of Sanmati and I ardently believe it will be all the more impactful.



9- What would be your message for our readers?

Each one of us is blessed with great potential...and we shouldn’t underestimate ourselves, even a diamond is merely a stone, before its polished....Lets continuously endeavor to learn from our previous experiences, enhance ourselves, and try our best to strive ahead with greater zeal and enthusiasm.

10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2

“Very young as yet

But I sense she’ll be the best,

Impeccable and the finest gift of God

In the universe and the rest.”


Interviewed by Nikita Goel

Comments

  1. My heartfelt thanks to Nikita Goel, the editor of international anthology of poems on Parent Child Relationship, PURPLE HUES....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good interview ma'am, it motivated me a lot. Thanks for being such a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.