Skip to main content

Purple Hues-2 An Interview with Monojit Dutta



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

Well, it has been a year since I have completed B.Tech in Computer Science. I got placed in Infosys but had to resign due to the medical emergency. Still recovering and trying to stand on my own feet financially as well

Writing is the only passionate hobby that I have. I started writing poetry pieces back in school days. It was only during the final year of my college, my poems got printed in several anthologies. Presently I concentrate more on short stories.

Three Words Are - Dreamer Of Reality.

2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?

The first poem “A Circular Table” portraits that the relationship between children and their parents is circular in nature. It is your parents who brought you up and took care of you and during the last phase of their lives, it is you who gets the opportunity to do the same for them. I am sure readers are going to like it.

The second poem “Priceless Moments” highlights and distinguishes between the precious moments spent with parents and the things that our young generation is running after. 


I always wanted to write on topics and ideas such as these. Thank Purple Hues 2, my wishes are getting materialized.


3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents? Share an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family.

I am the only child of my parents. I think that answers the first question.

There are numerous occasions where I felt the deep sense of gratitude not only for my parents but for my entire family which includes relatives and my uncles.

Quite recently, I had to undergo a medical operation and more than me, it was my family members who were terribly worried and took all the pain on my behalf. They did not even sleep and eat properly which was clearly visible from their faces.

4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

I never thought my work will get published someday. My poetry piece is selected as the best poem in one of the famous anthology books. That was a rare moment in my literary career and it had given me the push to be better with every word that I pen down. So far, the journey has been overwhelming.

5- What do you do when you are not writing?

Writing is my leisure work. Apart from that, I am self-employed at present and striving hard to get a firm stand. I listen to music to sooth my mind and me daydream a lot. I like sky-watching and spend most of my spare time in watching Hollywood movies.

6- Who are your favorite Authors/Writers?

Ruskin Bond, Robert Frost, and P.B.Shelley

7- How do you see yourself five years down the line? What will you be working on next?

At present, I am going to concentrate on writing short stories only. I have plans to write a novel after two years if I have spare time then. After that, the long wait for getting published by a popular traditional publisher will begin.


8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?

Quite good. They have been in constant touch and doing everything that can be done. Quite glad to get the opportunity to work with them.

9- What would be your message for our readers?

Read a lot. Take the message from what you read. Leave an honest review because for a writer, it matters the most. 


10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2

“When you were afraid of the old age and beyond

I held your hands and strengthen our eternal bond.

When you cried and breathed your last amidst faces unknown

I was there repeating those old words “Be sure you are not alone,

Wherever you are, my heart will always beat for you” – Your one and own.”

Interviewed by Nikita Goel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.