Skip to main content

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Farah



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

I am Farah Siddiqui, a Ph.D. holder in English from the University of Allahabad. I belong to Allahabad, but currently am residing in Ireland. Composing poetry is a passion for me. I love to write my emotions on a piece of papers. Am more concern about the society and the relationship on which the people bind themselves, whether it's parents - child relationships, love relationships or the relationships that we have with the other section of the society that is outcasted. l have special feelings for the oppressed, that can be seen in many of my poems.

Loving, Honest, Elegant

2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?


My Poem "Mother, the Other God" is a tribute to my Parents. How parents took much pain while raising their children, how they taught us valuable lessons of life, that's helping till now and will throughout is clearly shown in my poem. This poem of mine is for everyone, they can feel the essence while reading the poem.
With God's grace ,I have never faced any problem in my life and l think this happens only because of the good deeds of my Parents. I always thank them of whatever they bestowed on me.  l thought of composing a poem on my Parents and thus l composed.

3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents ? Share an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family .

My relationship with my Parents is good. It fills me with an immense joy that whatever l am today is just because of them.
Once in my childhood l was sitting idly, a fellow comes to my door. I intended to close the door, but my father came n told me how our little help can make their life good, how a little food can add a joy in their life and how an old clothes can give them a smile. And since then l help the needy of whatever l can and in return they give lots of blessing that fulfill my life with Love n happiness. and this incident filled me with Love n gratitude towards my Parents more than before.

4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

I started composing poems from January 2014. And in May 2014 l composed my first collection of poetry "The Bliss Of Solitude". The book was appreciated by everyone. And in 2015 my another collection "Like I Born in Venus" was composed. Till now l have contributed poems to 8 anthologies and also in many national n international online/offline magazines. My husband supports me a lot in my journey of writing. He is the first critic to my poems, he loves my poems n always criticise and move me to write more nicely and perfectly.

5- What do you do when you are not writing?

I talked to my husband when l don't write. He is my best friend, my best critic, and my mentor. I ask him about the flaws that sometimes l faces in my poems, and he gives a lot of suggestion that helped in building good poems. My every poem is pragmatically dedicated to him.

6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?


My favourite poet is William Wordsworth. I Love his poem, full of life and natural sites.

7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line ? What will you be working on next?

I will keep on writing more and more poems. It's my passion and lovable timepass. I am working on a Fiction along with my Husband. It will be about our journey of life.

8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?

Sanmati Publishers is very good towards the writers. My second book "Like I Born In Venus" is being published by Sanmati Publishers and three anthologies also. I don't miss any chance to get published by Sanmati Publishers. Pawan Jain Sir is very kind and it's always a good experience to work with him.

9- What would be your message for our readers?

I would like to say to the readers that please do read my poems and also criticise so that l can write more sensibly n perfectly than before. True reader is that who criticise the poems truly and not that who appreciate it falsely. Pls read and judge me on my poems.

10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2


Few lines am sharing here of the poem that l like very much. The poem is about love and emotions that we can feel n is very much needed in every stage of life.

Love - a captivating four letter words
So dominant, to rule the whole World

Sentiments are highly pure, deep and intense
That Heart feels delighted with Someone’s presence.

The intact aura changes within a moment
And the fondness extends and elated like a scent.

The Souls enchanted to be in each other’s arms
And the entire dilemma ends like a soothing balm.


Interviewed by Nikita Goel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.