Skip to main content

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Biswadeep Ghosh Hazra



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.


Procrastinator. Dreamer. Thinker.

2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?


Actually, Four of my poems are selected in this beautiful anthology and all of them are different. I’ve been a loner since my childhood and this society sees us introverts as an salien. This has been  reflected in my poem “Handshakes and Horrors”“The Promise” is a poem I wrote when I was leaving home the first time for my job. It discusses the promise one should keep in his/her place of origin. “Roots” also touches the same topic and more.

3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents ? Share an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family .

My relationship with my parents is mostly smooth with a few ups and downs here and there. After all life without a few (Mis)adventures is boring, ain’t it? But both of my parents have been extremely supportive of me when it came to writing. My maa bought me books when I was a child and that helped me implant a deep sense and love for reading. My baba have
helped me in every way possible in any sector of my life.

4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

I started writing when I was in the 10 th or 11 th standard and have never stopped writing since. Apart from poems, I write short stories, plays, articles, web contents and much more. Whatever I can get my hands on actually.

5- What do you do when you are not writing?

I love to read or research about the cosmos and black holes. I love to watch informative TV or YouTube channels about the same.

6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?

My favorite authors from abroad are- Khaled Hosseini, Dan Brown,Suzanne Collins, Salman Rushdie, Paulo Coelho, Stephen Hawking.
Back home I adore- Amish Tripathi, Satyajit Ray, Ruskin Bond, Arvind Adiga.

7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line ? What will you be working on next?

Five years down the line I don’t want to be producing bestsellers, I want to write well so that people may appreciate it. A writer’s ideal goal should not be to earn money but to spread his writing to the farthest corners of the globe. If earning is there then it is an added bonus.

8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?

It has been extremely nice. I was a contributing writer/poet for Purple Hues- I and I would say everything right from the beginning was well balanced and coordinated; which in turn helped in the net result.

9- What would be your message for our readers?

My message is clear and simple. India is a country where hundreds of good writers are waiting for exposure, if not thousands. Please read their work and criticize. For constructive criticism is very much essential and necessary.

10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2


I’d love to-

Here a few lines from my poem Handshakes and Horrors-

You reside in shadows, I do in dreams;
You live in darkness, I do in fantasies
We are boundaries apart-
Yet
Will you shake hands?
Across horizons?
Will you erase the lines
That divide us?Will you help me help you ?
Will you?


Interviewed by Nikita Goel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.