Skip to main content

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Suparna Roy Choudhury



1> Tell us something about yourself ? Describe yourself in 3 words?

 I am Suparna Roy Choudhury . A teacher by profession and a woman of ethics by heart. I live in Jamshedpur . I believe in living my life on my own principles and like to pen down whatever my heart whispers on a paper because I think it's the best way to express your feelings and emotions especially at those times when you cannot make people understand in which state are you right now. I love music and writing poetries and love to live life happily and keep smiling even when I am taking my last breath

 Sophisticated , Beautiful and Elegant

2> Tell us about your poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What was it about ?

My poem is all about parent and daughter relationship .
My mother is my inspiration and is my strength . I have seen many phases of life with them. Experienced both good and bad times holding their hands . So thought of sharing it with the world through my poetries so that people come to know about the hard work and dedication of my parents in bringing me up into a good human being .

It was all about the sacrifices , devotion and dedication of my parents towards me . In spite of my faults how they forgave me and hugged me in my pains and cries . Tried to give me happiness even in their tears

3> Tell us your relationship with your parents ? Share an incident from your life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family ?
 My parents are my friends . They have always been by my side and have never let me lose . Even though I lost many things in life and went into depression . They were always there to boost me up and made me believe that I am the best and have the full capacity to rule the world

I have gone through many bad phases of life . People cheated me and put wrong allegations against me without my fault . There was a time when all the world went against me and humiliated me unnecessarily. It was my mom and dad who fought with the society and proved that I am innocent . What if all made plans to make me cry and through into darkness . I never felt lonely because I know my armours i.e my mom and dad are there to give their shoulders for me to keep my head on them and cry . I proudly thus say that I have such parents who taught me to win in life always and I love my parents a lot

4> Tell us your journey as a writer ?

 I started my writing career with a school magazine . I wrote few journals and articles there. It was liked by the authorities and so I was promoted as a regular writer there and the chief editor of the magazine too. As time passed , I wrote for local newspapers on social issues . Then on Facebook . Gradually made a page on Facebook of my own where I penned down my thoughts and was liked by a huge mass . Pawan Sir once saw my poetries and praised me a lot and suggested me to write for his book Purple Hues . I am thankful to Sir for giving me this opportunity and really feel blessed . This is all about my journey as a writer . Hope to become a renowned poet one day

5 > What do you do when you are not writing?

 I mostly listen to music when I am not writing. Create new things at home and paint my thoughts into colours on canvas . I love singing and cooking . So sing and cook various food . Innovate new ideas of cooking in my spare time .

6 > Who are your favourite writers / authors ?

 My favourite authors are Sydney Sheldon, Jane Austen, Tasleema Nasleem , Chetan Bhagat

7> How do you see yourself five years down the line?

Five years down the line , I see myself as a renowned author and a poet . Doing something good for the society . I believe in woman welfare meant . I would feel blessed if I can do something for the children and women who are getting abused and dominated each and every day . If through my writings I can awaken the society and teach them to fight against rapes , child molestation and killing a girl child in a mom's womb . I will feel my self-blessed .

8> How was the experience with the Sammati Publishers?

 Sanmati Publishers has done a great job by promoting the new writers before the world . I thank Pawan Sir for taking out this hidden talent and giving me an opportunity to get published . I am thankful to him for my success

9 > What would be your message to your readers ?

 I have always kept my parents above all. Parents are God for all of us . God cannot go everywhere so he sent mom and dad on earth . I would request my readers to go through my poetries and feel what parents face when they engage and devote themselves to helping their child to grow up. Consider their hardships and struggles because we are going to face all this one day when we become parents

10 > Would you like to share few lines from your poetry " Purple Hues 2 " ?

 I have always loved you always for what you are 
For being my strength 
For being my weapon 
For being my reason to smile 
For being the rain who stopped the storm 
For being the blue sky 
For giving me back my wings to fly 
I love you for being those sweethearts 
I love you for pulling me out of those deep dark tunnels 
Where without you I would have taken my last breath 
I love you for being my lucky charm 

I love you for making me that sweet flower of your farm



Interviewed by Nikita Goel and Jasleen Kaur 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.