Skip to main content

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Sonia Sharma



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

Fun loving, sarcastic and explorer.

I'm 18 and pursuing mass communication and journalism from The IIS University Jaipur. I love to travel and explore places. My aim is to work in an NGO of any type and help as many people and animals as I can throughout my life. I strongly support "My choice" by Deepika Padukone. My spare time things happen to be writing, playing guitar and swimming.





2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about

My poem is about my family. It expresses all of our emotions towards each other. There is no such thing as an idea for me. I write poems about people and things I love the most.


3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents?Share  an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family.
My relation with my parents is very deep. We share almost everything with each other. I can not live away from them for long. I live in Jaipur, and my family in Ajmer, we meet on a frequent basis. We all feel happy go lucky with each other.

There is not any particular incident. There are so many small incidents. For everything, I feel thankful for them. For giving me freedom, to fighting for me with everyone. One such incident is, they've warned me well within time about true friends and fake ones. It helped me a lot.

4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.

I have just started writing. There are only a few poems and articles of mine. Say 8-10.

5- What do you do when you are not writing?
I either hang out or play guitar.

6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?

I do not read that much. So I don't have any favorites.


7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line? What will you be working on next?


I don't know. I am not opting writing as a career option.

8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?


It was my first experience with any publisher. I am very grateful towards them.. It is an awesome feeling. It gave me a chance to work on my part time interest.


9- What would be your message to our readers?


Love your parents. Care for them. Look after them. At the end of the day, they are the only ones to love you more than any creature on the earth. They did everything they can just for you to be happy and successful. No one else would do that. You already know. And they are getting old, give at least your best to them, they gave you the perfect.


10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2



I will be among those girls,

who never left her loving parents alone.

and they would become those proud parents,

who needn't have to be dependent on their sons.


These are the lines of my poem titled "why?"



Interviewed by Nikita Goel and Jasleen Kaur 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.