Skip to main content

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Arna Sarkar



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

Lover of Life.




2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?

My poem is about the fact, that we as children should start taking the initiatives of mental nurturing for our parents while we grow up as an individual. They can be wrong just like we are. And we should inspire our parents and help them to pursue their suppressed dreams as well.

I got the idea for it when I realized that every human is just the same entity. Our parents have a mind just like us. They have feelings, however, they hide it for the sake of us. Just as we have the right to live each moment fully, so should they. And just like our mistakes are forgiven, so should theirs. For they need not be right always. And most importantly, we can become their parents.

So it is about the interchange of parent-child relationship, where the child can become a parent and the parent has a child within them.


3- Tell us about your Relationship with your Parents? Invite an incident from your Life where you felt deep gratitude towards your family.

I am indeed close to my Dad. I share a deep understanding with him. My Mom fills up another aspect of my life with Love and care.

When I decided to go to trekking while I was ill, my parents allowed me to pursue my dreams, even when they knew how hard it would be. Now I know how much hard it was for them when they could not even contact me for days, because of a network problem. Even I did not complete the trek, and came back, and my parents did not scold me for once.

And more than anything else, my deep gratitude remains with the part that when my Dad saw I was determined to go trekking in spite of my illness, he himself had bought trekking boots for me.

4- Tell us about your journey as a Writer.
My beginning as a writer was accidental. I started writing once when I was depressed, and am writing ever since. It also happened due to inspiration from a very close friend, Niranjan Navalgund, who is also a writer.

5- What do you do when you are not writing?

When I am not writing, I paint. 

6- Who are your favorite authors/ writers? 

Pablo Neruda, Sappho, and Sangam Literature is my favorite set of poems. And in terms of novels, I admire Dickens and Amitav Ghosh. The romantic I find solace in Tagore and Ruskin Bond.

7- How do you see Yourself five years down the line? What will you be working on next? 

Five years down the line, I see myself as a person exploring more and more school of thoughts.

Next I wish to publish my own poetry book.

8- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers? 


The experience has been very genuine. Nikita has been wonderful in cooperating with us. And I would love to be part of Sanmati Publishers again.

9- What would be your message to our readers? 

You can surely relate to the relationship with your parents in the poems of this book and you can read them aloud to your parents.

10- Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2 

I am growing older

And my parents aged

One fine day

It dawned on me,

And I can see the child in them.

Now I know what is right,

So let me become the parent

Of my aged child.





Interviewed by Nikita Goel and Jasleen Kaur 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.