Skip to main content

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Reema Das



1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.

- An Emotional Person.

2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?

-The poems I've written for the anthology are mostly centred on the bond of a mother and her child; the element of time hovers over each of the poems, as the mother-child bond is explored through the transitions it goes through and also through comparisons of its state in the present to that in the past. The bond that I have with my son, and the experiences we've had have been the inspiration for these poems.


3- Tell us about your  journey as a Writer.

I started writing poetry since 1994 in the pseudonyms of my students, later I started publishing my poetry in the National Daily

4- What do you do when you are not writing?

I love shopping and reading books

5- Who are your favorite authors/ writers?

 RN Tagore, Pablo ,Neruda, Kamala Das, WB Yeats,Gabriel Garcia Marquez 

6- How do you see Yourself five years down the line ? What will you be working on next?

I might be writing short stories.

7- How was experience with Sanmati Publishers?

With Sanmati Publishers, I feel warm and like the way they showed their patience and co-operation.

8- - Would you like to share few lines from your Poetry at Purple Hues-2

Holding my fingers,he would jump half 

a yard

Swinging side by side, adding by my 

ward

Interviewed by Nikita Goel 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Nisha Raju

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  A 19year old, who loves writing. Being a foodie, I love exploring new cuisines and restaurants. Also, I’m a wanderlust. I love Indian history and mythology. I have been a part of numerous Anthologies. Also, I have been penning down articles for various magazines. Writing essays, short stories, etc have always been my hobbies, but writing poems is my passion.I have been winning prizes & medals in various elocutions, debates, essays, extempores, quizzes, creative writing, etc. I have won prizes in Science Projects & presentations as well. Also, I have been serving people as a member of Rotaract club of Thane Downtown. Summing up in 3 words, “Simple, Ambitious, Fun-loving” 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  This poem depicts the beautiful relation between Parents and Children. It shows the selfless behavior of our parents towards u

Purple Hues - 2 An Interview with Nikita Goel

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words. I am a Writer from New Delhi currently residing in Texas , USA. I have been working closely with one of the Best Publishing Houses in India and Abroad. My Short Stories and Poems have been published in almost 7 Books , 5 Magazines and Ezines. I decided to become a Writer after discovering the books of Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen while attending Delhi University during my Graduation.I am currently working as the Managing Editor and Compiler for Purple Hues Anthology Series with the Sanmati Publishers.One of my Poetry Books  - Rhymes and Rhythm has been released Internationally in 26 countries. I ache for Words. I find my refuge in Stories.Writing is a form of Meditation for me. Three Words that could describe me - Believer , Lover and a Dreamer  2- Tell us about your Poem ? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about? " Return Home" , " Remember " and

Purple Hues -2 An Interview with Purba Chakraborty

1- Tell us something about yourself. Describe yourself in three words.  I am a Novelist and Poet from Kolkata. I have authored three books “Walking in the streets of love and destiny”, “The Hidden Letters” and “The Heart Listens to No One”. I live to write and write to live. I am also a blogger and a web content developer. Singing is my cherished hobby. The three words will be: Dreamer | Optimistic | Free-spirited 2- Tell us about your Poem? How did you get the idea for it? What is it about?  The poems that I have written are “A perfect book for you, Mother”, “Adieu” and “Safe Haven”. “A perfect book for you, Mother” is about the poet’s wish to write a book on her mother who has passed away.  “Adieu” is about the emotional parting moment when the father has to bid adieu to her daughter after her marriage.  “Safe Haven” is a poem about how every malady seems to disappear when a person is nestled in the arms of his or her mother.